The Heinrich Böll Foundation grants scholarships to approximately 1,200 undergraduates, graduates, and doctoral students of all subjects and nationalities per year, who are pursuing their degree at universities, universities of applied sciences (‘Fachhochschulen’), or universities of the arts (‘Kunst-/Musikhochschulen’).
We expect our scholarship recipients to have excellent academic records, to be socially and politically engaged, and to have an active interest in the basic values of the foundation: ecology and sustainability, democracy and human rights, self determination and justice.
- Scholarship Country: Germany
- Funded by: DAAD & Heinrich Boll Foundation
- Degree Level: Undergraduate, Masters, Doctoral
- No. of Scholarships: 12,00
- Deadline: 1st March and 1st Sept (of Each Year)
Features of the Heinrich Boll Scholarship
- Full funding for tuition fees.
- Air tickets and travel costs.
- This scholarship funds accommodation costs.
- You will get help with your student visa application.
- A monthly stipend will be provided to cover living expenses.
- You will get other benefits provided by the granting institution.
How to Apply:
Requirements for your scholarship application
The Heinrich Böll Foundation awards scholarships to German and foreign students in accordance with the
guidelines issued by Germany’s Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) and the Foreign Office
(Auswärtiges Amt). Scholarships are awarded for the regular period of study
Please note: We only accept online applications; written proof of German language proficiency (Minimum requirement: „Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang“ Level DSH 2 or „TestDaF“ Level B2) necessary