Civil Society Leadership Awards – study in Netherlands 2022
The Civil Society Leadership Awards are intended for students who excel both academically and professionally and who possess the potential to become civil society leaders in their own country. A condition is that candidates are dedicated and want to realise positive social change in their community.
The Civil Society Leadership Awards (CSLA) provides fully funded scholarships for master’s degree study to individuals who clearly demonstrate academic and professional excellence and a deep commitment to leading positive social change in their communities. Maastricht University offers five awards for eligible students in one of the following programmes:
- Master of Arts in Globalisation and Development Studies
- Master of Arts in European Studies on Science, Society and Technology
- Master of Science degree in Global Health
- Master of Science degree in Public Policy and Human Development
- Master of Science Economics
Please note; for academic year 2021-2022 the scholarship programme is redesigned and developed, therefore the application procedure might change along the way.
Who is eligible?
Interested applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate maturity, flexibility and civil society leadership potential;
- Have earned a bachelor’s degree as of May, 2020 with an excellent academic record;
- Demonstrate professional experience related to your chosen field of study;
- Demonstrate proficiency in the language of instruction (English) at a level required for admission by Maastricht University;
- Be able to participate in an intensive pre-academic summer school in July or August 2021 and start their degree program in September 2021;
- Be able to receive and maintain a visa or study permit as required by The Netherlands; and
- Demonstrate a clear commitment to their home country or region in supporting open society development.
|Belarus||Eritrea||Republic of Congo||Turkmenistan|
|Democratic Republic of Congo||Laos||Sudan|
The deadline will be announced.
Duration of the Civil Society Leadership Awards
- 12 months for a one-year Master’s programme
Amount of the Civil Society Leadership Awards
CSLA is a fully funded scholarship for a master’s level study. Successful applicants will receive the following support:
- Pre-academic preparation via summer schools
- Tuition and mandatory university fees
- Monthly stipend for room, board, and other living expenses
- Programme-related travel
- Accident and sickness insurance during the programme
- Funds for educational materials and professional development
- Attendance at a regional Scholarship Programs conference
- Accommodations during the application process and the duration of the grant for applicants with disabilities
The scholarship does not provide funding for dependent family members.
Step 1: Follow the application steps on the website of CSLA
Step 2: Register for UCM in Studielink.nl